Thursday, October 19, 2006

Shoei X-eleven Closeout

First Einschnuppern in the university

Hi!

Now I was in university, as is proper for a student. Yesterday we had half briefing and then a brief introduction by the student body, although it has not brought much to the actual course content, but has informed us of the professors are nice, and how we deal with other things in the Castle study so around. Today we had Prof still a slow introduction and I think I have created a reasonable timetable.

But only the castle itself: We in the Ancient Near Eastern Studies (Near Eastern Archaeology (AAD) and Ancient Near Eastern Philology) are housed in a tower with adjacent corridors. We have 2 practice rooms, a kitchen, a "Blue Room" in the attic, where the beautiful old beams through hinkletter needs and our library that we must be more to share with the Egyptologists (who have more tables and we have more books ). Pre-and Early History (UFG) I study compared with the strand that is not quite as beautiful as our (natural) but also everything inside a timber and beams, etc. has.

We are freshmen this year in an incredible amount represented, our Professor was really excited and has emphasized the past and present explicitly. We are 14, 6 of them in the main compartment with AAD. But all very flexible in their subject combinations. I like almost everyone is unique, so there are also a few who can have a say because what they have done so in their first semester. One notices, however, that it's been a suitable group, studied the AAD. When we are in the introduction somehow got onto the Pergamon Museum, came from the Professor's remark that one could not simply pass on the Pergamon Altar, and all students responded with a knowing smile. 2 of my Mitstudentinnen (UFG HF, LF and Paläoantopologie AAD), I have taken just after our consultation with me in the dorm, where we then gekoch with my roommate, Steffi. At dinner we are so gone about this and that and when the talk then, Steffi just said that we were freaks. Just because we had expressed our regret that Korfamnn died and the excavation permission for Troy, which owns the University of Tübingen, in 3 years expires, whether to pick up the book by Hrouda, as Troy was called at the time of the Hittites, etc. It was a very nice conversation ;-)

Finally there is my timetable, So at least the subjects of the study. Maybe that will change next week, even a little something, then when I times in the lectures and seminars was:

Monday: Lecture (VL): Introduction to the UFG
Proseminar (PS): Introduction to the UFG
Seminar ( S): The city of Emar: Archaeology and History
Tuesday: Exercise (OVR): Akkadian I
OVR: artifact morphology
Wednesday: Lecture: Cultures of the Ancient Near East, late Bronze Age
PS: Introduction to VAA
S: Mesopotamia III
VL : Jungpalöolotikum and Mesolitikum
Thursday: OVR: Akkadian I
S: Archaeology of death in cross-cultural comparison
S: methods and theories; pottery analysis
Friday: free :-)

Right now it looks not so much, but it's more than you should demonstrate and because of the all units will probably be much, well. Arabic I unfortunately can not accept, because in my required courses is :-( Maybe in another semester. But I could also learn so next term Hittite or so together .....

Kind regards, Steffi

0 comments:

Post a Comment